[Typo3-documentation] bureaucracy

Johannes Reichardt info at gramba.tv
Mon Aug 2 16:12:36 CEST 2004

Hi there,

actually i am a little bit annoyed about the way things are going in here.

To me its like government with bureaucracy that wastes more time with
making new rules than
just doingt the really important things.

The wiki for example still shows the "you have to set up the wiki first"
message. The stylesheet is still
way from being usable (ok thats just my opinion but i could prove that
with looooong mails as well, its just like that)

On the other hand we are talking about "housekeepers" and "teamleaders"
and all that stuff instead of pointing out
what should be done and who is actually able to do that.

Actually i am afraid that this keeps people away who are really willed
to do something but just cant because of a hierarchy and overdone
"democracy" that doesnt lead nowhere.

So here is what i will do and my personal vision and what i can help:

1. I think i have a quite clear vision for the wiki (basically its like
wikipedia.org, that means an errorfree wiki that is very well usable and
focuses on everyone, that means it has a very easy to understand structure)
2. Therefore i can put some more time in the stylesheet and i can just
*hope* that things like the errormessage and the shorturls will be fixed
soon since i am *not* able to do it.
3. When i have more "air" i will make a tutorial about all i learned and
actually "how" i learned it. Right now many people struggle because its
hard to know *how to begin* using typo3 to my opinion. So i still say
that focus on the "big picture with example" is what typo3 still lacks
of most.

Thats all i can contribute, but sorry i do *not* have the time for
billions of votings and yet another discussion about things that are
just not relevant at this point. Lets have a working wiki and discuss
the rest THEN.

What you think?

- Johannes