[Typo3-documentation] documenation group, DocTEAM, rules and organisation

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at _remove_abc.se
Sun Aug 1 12:33:16 CEST 2004

>>> But, it seems word have broken people motivation and cohesion here.
>>
>> Well, I can understand that. If I was in the position where I tried to
>> come up with a solution and worked on it for weeks (like Peter) and all
>> the sudden it's changed, I would be frustrated too.
>
> Yes, but opensource and community sharing movement always come up with
> frustration. The goal is not to fork at the first problem, and stay open
> for discussion.

First problem?

a)
I have a different goal with the wiki (and at first I thought
the NG agreed, but I was wrong).

b)
We had agreed(?) on the old structure and I was trying to
"housekeep" it.

Another suggestion for a structure raised and I thought it was
not what we needed because it was not within the goal (I still
thought it was the NGs goal...)

I suggested the new structure could be a "Newbie guide to
documentation" and Jonathan agreed!

Then suddenly he posts and tells the NG he has put it at the
front page.

And when Jean-Marie asks if he had discussed with me he just
wrote "Also i think its in general not "Wiki-Style" to ask some
certain people about changing things (in this case its a bit
different but i hope you know what i mean  ;) "

c)
Noone had any interest for Coby's ideas about voting, which I
think is necessary for making a _better_ wiki and documentation.
Some comments were "your postings are wasting a *lot* of time
and i can´t see a lot of sense in it" and "But to my opionion
its way better to have a neat wiki <snip> then a nerd-wiki that
might help *you* but where obviously most people dont get any
access too".

At this point I start realising that my goal was not the same as
this wiki/NG.

-----------
What bother me most with b) and c) is that almost noone in this
NG reacted on it. I see it as if they agree with the one who
wrote it...

But really, a) is the main reason for stop beeing active on the
wiki. And if I see that this NG/wiki changes it´s attitude
against people with my kind of ideas (a little structure, rules,
organisation and control) I will probably start beeing more
active again...

--

/Peter Kindström