[TYPO3-dam] Issue when deleting file folder recursively - bug?

André Spindler typo3 at andre-spindler.de
Tue Feb 5 11:18:06 CET 2013

Hello list!

There is something I don't understand here:
We have a TYPO3 4.5.22 (latest 4.5.x) installation with DAM 1.3.1 (current).

I go in BE in the DAM module (file). Now I delete a complete directory which
contains files. There are only files in it, no subdirs.
DAM now shows me a warning that directory is not empty. That's ok but I want
to delete anyway and continue deleting.

Then I look directly in filesystem: directory has gone and also the files
included. That worked.

Then I look in database: all records are still there. That's not the real
problem, but they haven't the delete field set to 1!
In sys_log is one entry that the directory has been deleted recursively.

So I ask you: Is this just a configuration error of myself? Or is this
really a bug? It is then a serious bug as this operation causes a broken dam
index with lost of integrity.
And I can't imagine that I'm the first user who has deleted a folder
recursively...

Thanks,
André