[TYPO3-dam] DAM loses categories

Christian Hennecke christian.hennecke at wunderknaben.com
Wed Aug 15 12:33:13 CEST 2012

Hello everybody,

I'm experiencing an extremely weird problem here. We have a rather
complex category tree with about 150 categories that are partially
translated into 11 more languages making for about 600 category records.
The categories are nested up to three levels. We can assign them and
everything's fine. However, after some days (about a week), categories
get lost in many records!

- The field "category" in tx_dam reflects the reduced number of assigned
categories correctly. I.e., if we first had 20 categories assigned and
then only three remain, category will contain the correct value "3".

- Files are assigned up to 20 categories

- This happens regardless of the folder the files are in

- Not all files in a folder are affected

- The number of remaining categories differs, sometimes only 3 remain,
sometimes 10 remain

- The affected records' history shows no changes for the categories

- There is no indexing cron job

- Indexing configurations DO exist, but contain different categories

- The problem occurs with both records that have been only edit once and
ones where additional categories have been added later.

- The affected files are images, PDFs, and dxf AutoCAD files. ZIPs have
not been affected, but those also have been assigned only 1 category so far.

System:

- 2 dedicated servers running Debian Squeeze
- Apache 2.2
- MySQL 5.1
- PHP 5.3
- TYPO3 4.7.3
- DAM 1.3.0
- latest dam_catedit
- latest dam_index
- svmetaextract

Any idea would could cause this or how to trace the problem? This looks
like an indexing script gone wild.

Cheers,

Christian