[TYPO3-dam] Category tree shows localized version of category names and not default ones

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Fri Sep 9 14:07:06 CEST 2011

Hello, DAM-list!

The website, I'm working on, is in two languages: French (default) and
English.

I'm using dam in combination with dam_frontend to provide FE user
categorized downloads. All works nice, except categories localization. Once
I translate a category, category tree shows it’s translated name (English) -
and not the default one (French). If I select "Categories" module, I still
see English names in tree, but French names in main area of module output.

dam_frontend correctly shows French names in default language and English
names, when language is switched at FE. So, probably, there is some problem
with a module. Tried to change BE language to French, because I thought,
that it may depend on BE-user language settings, but that didn't help.

How can I make dam category tree to show default language names?
Thank you in advance.

TYPO3 4.5.4
dam 1.2.2
dam_catedit 1.2.0