[TYPO3-dam] DAM Folder Tree not visible in Draft Workspace

Ian Solo ian at webian.it
Thu Sep 8 12:37:57 CEST 2011

Hello,
I encountered this problem that doesn't allow the use of workspaces if
DAM is used to manage files.

Logged as an admin or editor, in LIVE workspace it's all right.
Instead, in DRAFT workspace, when I browse for files ( by instance: to
add an image to a page ) I can't see the DAM Folder Tree.
I see the text "Folder Tree:" but there's nothing after. In LIVE, as
said, everything is working fine.

Also, when I use the DAM File Module in DRAFT, the DAM tree column ( the
second one in the BE ) is totally empty and the column with the list of
files ( third column ) shows this error:
******************
File
You have no access to the requested path.
******************
and follows the path that was selected in the DAM tree in LIVE.

More info:
TYPO3 4.5.5
dam 1.2.2 or 1.2.3 (same problem)
PHP 5.2.17
Apache/2.2.17
CentOS release 5.6 (Final)

What I tried:
- search google and bug tracker for a similar problem
- disable DAM versioning in extTables.php (
$TCA['tx_dam']['ctrl']['versioningWS'] = 0; )

At this point I don't know what to check.
Please, have someone encountered a similar issue? Any tip?

Thanks!
ian