[TYPO3-dam] Linkvalidator support into DAM

Bjoern Pedersen bjoern.pedersen at frm2.tum.de
Tue Feb 1 17:47:28 CET 2011

Am 01.02.2011 16:20, schrieb Patrick Gaumond:
> Hi guys,
>
> Björn Pedersen provided a patch that should makes Linkvalidator(LV)
> support DAM but he did it like we did for AOE Linkhandler, that means
> support in LV instead of Linkhandler which was an error from our side.
>
> We already provided hooks so LV doesn't need to support every exts you
> can think of. We shouldn't add direct support for Linkhandler in the
> first place.
>
> So to make a long story shorter:
>
> Could people here have a look at http://forge.typo3.org/issues/12582
> and see if someone could make it part of DAM ?
>
> Since LV is a sysext, we can't add any new features to it before TYPO3
> version 4.6 in 6 months... but we would like to see DAM supporting LV !
>
> We're currently testing Björn patch as is and will give feedback here
> with our 16000 DAM files website. :-)
>
> Patrick

Yes, I agree it should be a part of dam. If I read the dam structure
correctly, the linkvalidator part should get located in
bindings/linkvalidator.

So what to do:
1) move the valdidating class to bindings/linkvalidator,
2) create an one-line ext_localconf inbindings/linkvalidator that adds
to the conf-vars
3) include this ext_localconf in the main ext_localconf if typo3
version>=4.5 and LV installed
4) add the class to ext_autoload

If this is correct, I can probably provide a new patch.

Björn