[TYPO3-dam] !!! DAM Version isn't always up to date !!!

Tizian Schmidlin st at cabag.ch
Thu Sep 30 09:25:42 CEST 2010

Hi folks,

I figured out recently, that the TER Version of DAM hasn't been the same
since the beginning of the year.

I.E. : I downloaded in march the 1.1.5 version of DAM and recently as I
installed it on an other system (from the TER) it still was 1.1.5 but in
the Changelog it was mentionned some bugfixes that weren't done before
(as in my version of March 2010).

The point is, that the version in TER has been updated, but the version
number hasn't, so TYPO3 didn't tell me to update my version. Mainly
because of this I lost time in solving bugs in Workspaces that were
already fixed.

So my hint to you is : don't believe version numbers, only believe
Changelogs.

PS : If someone of the DAM Core team could update the version number of
the TER version, I'd be very happy to update my DAM.

Greets

Tizian