[TYPO3-dam] handling of color profiles/ color management in Typo3

Martin Holtz typo3ng_2009 at martinholtz.de
Fri Sep 3 13:36:24 CEST 2010

Hi Thorsten,

> I am wondering how DAM/ Typo3 (with Imagemagick and GDLib installed) handles color management issues.
afaik it does not care about.

> Are color profiles of jpg images respected and converted?
nope.

> My experience so far is that the color profile and metadata get’s stripped in the images of the gallery – but I am unclear where this happens or how to change/ avoid that.
afaik since 4.3 there is an option in install-tool which stripps of that
profile and metadata stuff.

the conversion is IMHO done in t3lib_div->imageMagickCommand

You could add there from which profile to which profile the image should
be converted. You can extract the profile from the image, if it is
embedded. And use it to convert it.
(well, if someone uses an profile without embedding and you do not have
it on your server, you are lost..)

We defined one profile which the client uses, and patched that part, so
it get encoded correct.

we changed it to sth. like that:

+matte -profile fileadmin/ISOcoated_v2_300_eci.icc  -profile
fileadmin/ColorMatchRGB.icc -colorspace rgb -strip

it works for us, which is not enought for writing an patch

greetings,
martin
--
Martin Holtz - elemente websolutions http://www.elemente-websolutions.ms