[TYPO3-dam] DAM-Questions

Stefan Busemann stefan.busemann at web.de
Wed Mar 10 08:49:20 CET 2010

Hi irene,

Am 09.03.10 16:59, schrieb Irene Eglin:
> Hi
>
> I hope, this ist the correct list for DAM-Questions of a "typo3-beginner".
> We want to do the file-management of our intranet with DAM, and have a
> bunch of problems.
> Can anyone help at one or another? Thanks!
>
> - Uploading files in Frontend (with dam_fe) saves them in
> /fileadmin/<username>. People should only have Permission to
> /fileadmin/intranet. Can we change it, that files are saved in
> /fileadmin/intranet/<username>?

you can change the setting via
plugin.tx_damfrontend_pi1.upload.conf.path =fileadmin/

plugin.tx_damfrontend_pi1.upload.conf.FEuserHomePath=0

user path can be disabled via

> - A user should see a category, when being in one group that is assigned
> to that category (instead of every group)
please define "should see a category". Hiding of categories in the FE is
not supported yet. If you speak of the file result list of this
category, this can be done via category access rights or file rights

> - The same: a file being in several categories, the user should see it,
> if he has access to one of these categories.
this is not supported. The must have access to all categories, that he
can see it. If you need this feature, you can sponsor it of course.

> - Is it possible, to generate more separated category-trees than the
> given one? Read about it, but couldn't find out how.
You can customize the tree via typoscript or use the alternative
category tree:
plugin.tx_damfrontend_pi1.useAdvancedCategoryTree = 1

but you have to include the css settings manually to your template

> - dam_tvconnector and tt_contents are installed in the newest version,
> but there are no thumbnails generated
I'm sorry, i can't answer this.

> Thanks and greetings,
> Irene