[TYPO3-dam] Workspaces and DAM

Martin Kästner mkaestner at gmx.de
Wed Jan 27 12:08:09 CET 2010

Hi,

I found this old posting ...

>> My problem is regarded to the workspace feature. After sending an
>> CE to Review/Pub there is created a "copy" of it with the new
>> version. The linking in table tx_dam_mm_ref is *switched* to that
>> new copy. My original CE had the uid 8070 and after sending to
>> Review the copy had 8071. The field tx_dam_mm_ref.uid_foreign had
>> only 8071 pointing to the required images.
>>
>> ...well, after Approving and publishing, 8071 was deleted but the
>> link in tx_dam_mm_ref was not set back to 8070. It remained 8071
>> that does not exist and so the tt_content with uid 8070 behaves
>> having no images set.

> Can this be related to: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7344
> Can you still reproduce this behavior with dam trunk from svn?

Yes, its still there I think.

What I see in DB, when publishing a Content Element (CE) and a dam-file
from custom workspace is:
- the uid of the CE in tx_dam_mm_re (uid_foreign) is correctly changed
- BUT if you publish a dam file then the uid_local is not, it remains
the old draft version uid from the workspace

See also http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13347

bye
Martin