[TYPO3-dam] What about not deleting files when DAM records are deleted?

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Feb 22 09:05:51 CET 2010

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your feedback.

> I think DAM is desperately missing true file history functionality.
> Until it has that, it can't claim to be an enterprise digital asset
> manager. Once the file history module is in, this issue you mention will
> be resolved.

Of course, that would be ideal and indeed complete the DAM's feature set.

> I have some plans on how to integrate file history, but unfortunately it
> requires too much time, that I don't have, so it at least needs to be
> sponsored...

I don't think my client would put enough money for that, but it's good
to know that there are such plans. At least we can mention them and you
never know what may happen ;-)

In the meantime, I guess I'll just unregister that hook...

Cheers

--

Francois Suter