[TYPO3-dam] nested Categories / Selections

Florian Stolz florian.stolz at stylecode.de
Thu Feb 11 17:53:51 CET 2010

Hi List,

I have another question regarding the topic categories and selections.
Is it just not implemented or is it wanted that the selections of nested
categories doesn't work like I expected.

Example:
I have a category-tree.
CatA
-- SubCatA_1
-- SubCatA_2

the DAM-files got assigned SubCatA_1 or SubCatA_2.
If I want to get all files from CatA and create my selection
([SELECT][txdamCat][CatAuid]) I get an empty result, if I don't explicit
assign CatA to all DAM-files of SubCatA_1 and SubCatA_2.
Please fill out :) (hoping that makes it easier to answer)

[ ] feature, not a bug
[ ] just not implemented yet
[ ] wtf are u talking about?

regards,