[TYPO3-dam] Categories / Selections

Florian Stolz florian.stolz at stylecode.de
Tue Feb 2 20:53:09 CET 2010

Hi List,

i have a question regarding Categories/Selections in DAM. I'm not sure
in the moment if i just don't get the logic behind selections or if it
is a bug.

If i create a selection via the FiletreeElement:
RootFolder/FolderA +
RootFolder/FolderB +
I get all mediaelements from Folder A and Folder B.

In Selection-"words":
[SELECT][txdamFolder][RootFolder/FolderA]
[OR][txdamFolder][RootFolder/FolderB]

If i want to create a selection via the CategorietreeElement:
RootCategorie/CatA +
RootCategorie/CatB +

I don't get all from Categorie A and Categorie B.

The Selection looks in this case like:
[SELECT][txdamCat][CatAuid]
[AND][txdamCat][CatBuid]

and would give me just all elements, that are in CatA and CatB

If i want all from Categorie A and Categorie B (but not from Categorie
C) i just create a selection with all elements from RootCategorie but
not from Categorie C.
Because the exlusion of categories works. But that isn't a good solution
i guess, to exclude all other categories to get specific ones, right?
Or is it explicit wanted to behave like this, because of things i don't
know/understand.

tia

kind reagards,
Flo