[TYPO3-dam] DAM and TYPO3 4.5

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Mon Dec 13 15:38:57 CET 2010

Hi François and Ben

 > DAM development never really took of. The 'team' basically does
maintenance.
 > There is a lot of work being done for FAL atm. After FAL is more or less
 > finished it makes sense to review DAM and have scheduled meetings
like we have
 > with many projects now to ensure development.

Yes, the problem is that there's a maximum of 6-10 people fixing bugs
and doing reviews. And even if someone is doing patches it takes a while
to get reviews.

 > I think your suggestion to roll at DAM 1.2 with fixes for 4.5 is a
very good
 > one. I have no idea what the current issues regarding 4.5 are.
 >
 > @Dan: Do you have an overview of what needs to be done to get DAM
ready for 4.5?
 > We could put some effort into that.

The current issues for TYPO3 4.5 without FAL can be found in the
bugtracker. It's not much, but I just want to know if DAM 1.2 will be
for 4.5 without FAL and then I can help bringing it to the DAM list.

I like the idea of having DAM 1.1.x for 4.2-4.4, DAM 1.2 for 4.5 without
FAL and DAM 1.3/2.0 for extending FAL. I'm very interested in the TYPO3
4.5 features for our university, but we need to make sure that DAM will
not be an "update blocker"...

Best regards,

Lorenz