[TYPO3-dam] dam_ttcontent : update?

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Fri Aug 20 14:45:23 CEST 2010

Hi everyone

 > I also wonder about that. The extension has been marked es
 > "experimental" since a long time. But it seems to be the only way to
 > integrate dam images into tt_content image and textpic at all. The
 > extension itself is for good reason experimental. though I think after
 > looking at the code and the bug reports.
 >
 > It is full of xClasses even if hooks excist (backend rendering), no
 > workspace support, ...

Dmitry's RFC 13641 is still pending in the DAM list and needs review. So
if you want to change something, please test the patch and give a feedback.

After that, you still have the choice the enable manually which parts of
dam_ttcontent you want to use. There will be one feature left that uses
XCLASSing, the workspace integration. As I'm not using workspaces and
don't have time to get into ATM I won't be able to change anything.

Best regards,

Lorenz