[TYPO3-dam] cleanFileName (dam 1.0.x) vs. file_makeCleanName (dam 1.1.x)

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Mon Sep 28 16:25:48 CEST 2009

Hi folks,

I just came across an odd behaviour in DAM 1.1.1:

While DAM 1.0.x renamed files from "myümlaut.jpg" to "myuemlaut.jpg" DAM
1.1.1 does not perform this transformation anymore.

I know, there is the implementation of the UTF8 filesystem option, but
if you don't have set it up I'd assume DAM to still rename the files as
done before.

More important / critical than the umlauts is a comma in the filename.
DAM does not convert the ";" to "_" anymore. Which might be okay, but:
The DAM file browser does not allow a file that contains a comma to be
selected (eg. selecting an image or link a pdf).

Anyone else who can confirm this? Is there any workaround? (maybe allow
comma-files to be selected in the DAM filebrowser)

Any hint / help appreciated.

If this is considered to be a bug, of cause I can create a bugtracker
entry but first I wanted to make sure.

Regards,
Jochen