[TYPO3-dam] Rewrite of dam_ttcontent

Georg Ringer mail-spam at ringerge.org
Fri Sep 4 17:31:55 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am starting a rewrite of dam_ttcontent, especially of the XCLASS of
css_styled_content because of the following reasons:

- I don't like XCLASS
- css_styled_content is still under development and no features won't
get into dam_ttcontent because no one will just transfer every change
again and again to the xlcassed function
- I need a bit better code to get my other project (videos inside dam)
better working

What will I change or at least want to change:
Basically I will use the same method I used already in my extension
rgmediaimages which overrides the image by just using a userfunc in
tt_content.image.20.1.stdWrap.override. The big advantage: I only need
to take care about creating the image and nothing more.

What do I need from you:
Ideas, Thoughts, Helping hands, reviews and answers to the following
questions

- What can be improved? This can be something like the order of the alt
texts (the one from the content element overrules the one from DAM) or
anything else
- What do you don't like with at the current behaviour?

Thanks and a nice weekend
Georg