[TYPO3-dam] New DAM based media player + Virtual file references in the DAM

Dan Osipov dosipov at phillyburbs.com
Mon Oct 12 17:57:19 CEST 2009

DAM is not meant for remote video streams, or for remote files for that
matter. This would be a new feature request, and would require a major
restructuring.

As far as the last point - if you're using the latest trunk version, it
contains a Media Types sub module under tools, which allows you to add
new media types. If you're using an older version, you can add your
types to $GLOBALS['T3_VAR']['ext']['dam']['file2mime'] and
$GLOBALS['T3_VAR']['ext']['dam']['file2mediaCode'] arrays in your extension.

Dan Osipov
Calkins Media
http://danosipov.com/blog/