[TYPO3-dam] DAM images: setting a typolink in caption - how?

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Thu Mar 12 00:52:23 CET 2009

I may add to Dan's Comment:

>> but how is it possible to also use the respective content of these
>> fields in pages as additional information to the media entries?
>> after a heavy research everywhere i could not find the answer to my
>> question.
>> so what are all these fields for when not for re-using them?
>> just for archive functions?

Aside using the infomation in the frontend, as outlined by Dan,
its also usable for searching and refining searches within the
DAM-Backend. This functionality is highly helpful asa understood on on
how to use it;
Please see "Working with selections":
http://forge.typo3.org/wiki/extension-dam/Media_list

BTW: Quite some Extensions use more than just the Title and Alt-Text
Metadata of DAM records; especially those Gallery- and File-Listing
Extensions.
However I cant recall any single extension using ALL Fields; which would
be useless anyway, thinking of the different types;

hth regards georg