[TYPO3-dam] deny auto/cron indexing of files in certain folders?

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Tue Jun 30 01:03:42 CEST 2009

Hi,

I had a short look in the source of the dam indexer but haven't found an
answer. Also searching this newsgroup didn't help - so I'm asking here:

Is there some configuration option to deny indexing (auto or cron based)
of files in certain folders? I know that I can skip certain filetypes
from indexing, but can I prevent folders to get indexed by any means?

Let's say I have a folder structure like this:
videos
  |- cat 1
  |  |- .loops
  |- cat 2
     |- .loops
     |- .svn
     |- .whateverCouldBeThere

Now I want only "cat 1" and "cat 2" to be indexed, but no file from a
folder starting with a prefixed '.' (could also be some other name or
prefix). Is this possible somehow?

And is there any documentation on how to structure the
.indexing.setup.xml files?

Thanks.
--
kind regards,