[TYPO3-dam] fields without TCA info

Jigal van Hemert | alterNET internet BV jigal at alternet.nl
Wed Jun 10 16:16:55 CEST 2009

Hi Oliver,

2009/6/10 Oliver Rowlands <oliver at liquidlight.co.uk>

> I would refer to the following fields as 'system' TYPO3 fields:

Because I dynamically load the available tx_dam fields in the BE form to
allow the BE user to select which fields to search in, I made a list of
fields which should not appear here. The 'system' fields are now in the
list.

> The 'active' field from what I understand is not actually used anywhere
> (legacy field maybe?) and is actually just commented out in
> EXT:dam/tca.php.

Okay, it's also in the system field list.

> The 'search_content' field is used by the indexer to store content
> extracts of the documents. Though it is meant to be non-editable, I do
> not really understand why it has not been defined in the TCA with a
> 'readOnly' => true.

Me neither :-)
And although it is meant to be non-editable, the very nature of the field
makes it ideal to search in! Especially because it will hold a good portion
of the contents of e.g. a PDF file the search routine can actually search
"inside" the file.

> You will notice that TYPO3 will not load up the full DAM TCA (which
> includes the additional field definitions) when browsing the site in the
> FE, instead you will get the an array containing only the fields defined
> in EXT:dam core.

Which is a pity, especially since the API describes loadTCA() as "Loads the
$TCA (Table Configuration Array) for the $table"; even more, the $table
parameter is described as: "Table name for which to load the full TCA array
part into the global $TCA ". It says $table and not $extKey, but still it
doesn't load the full TCA for that table...
It seems to be a problem that has been around for years:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2397

I used the workaround to have a configuration item where the integrator can
list the extensions which expand the table.

Thanks for your ideas!
--

Met vriendelijke groet, kind regards,

Jigal van Hemert

alterNET Internet BV, Dordrecht
www.alternet.nl

T.078 635 1200
F.0848 34 9697
KvK nr.: 23092865

Disclaimer:
This message (including any of its attachments) may contain confidential
and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender immediately by e-mail or telephone +31 (0)78 6351200 and
or printing of this message is strictly prohibited unless otherwise stated.
You are advised to carry out a virus scan before opening any attachments as
we do not accept any liability whatsoever for any damage sustained as a
result of any software viruses.