[TYPO3-dam] Planning a new ext based on DAM

Georg Ringer mail-spam at ringerge.org
Wed Feb 25 01:52:46 CET 2009

Hi everybody,

I am planning a new extension for a customer and I guess I use DAM.
A szenario is the following one:

------------
There are different categories and many different type of records belong
to one category: Text files, mp3s, videos, images, pdfs.

In FE a user can select a category (which is kind of a topic) and will
get all records grouped by the type. Every file can be downloaded.
-------------

I looked at trunk version of TYPO3 and DAM and this looks already great
but I still got some questions:

- I think I use the record "Media type" to define the type of file. Is
this the best way? I didn't find a way to select the media type inside a
dam record. Am I missing something?

- I defined some media types like "Main Images", "Sub Image" but in the
tree (module list) I see just 2 times "Image" but not the records I created.

- My experience with DAM is a bit limited so also a basic question:
Which extra extensions do I still need? Still the one for getting the
selection inside tt_content, mass indexing and so on?

Thanks for your help, really appreciated!
Georg