[TYPO3-dam] "Indexing date" issues

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sun Apr 12 13:25:27 CEST 2009

Hi,

Steffen Gebert wrote:
> * Selecting an indexing date selects all files which have tx_dam.crdate =
> tx_dam_log_index.crdate
> As this is very annoying when the start of the indexing run is not in the
> same second as indexing of all just uploaded files (which seems to be the
> case for me very often), I'd absolutely try to fix this issue (bug report
> not created, yet).
> * Modify the selection of indexing date: Don't only use the exact crdate
> timestamp, but get the X next files with crdate >= indexing-crdate. X is
> already saved in item_count (maybe a hotfix, but problematic if two runs
> at the same time).
> * Improvement of the above: Only select X files with same cruser_id as the
> index run
I just tried to implement this. Unfortunately it's very hard to do such tiny
things with DAM. The selections don't support any conditions than
AND/NOT/OR. (I need >=).

* I could add new alternatives to SELECT/AND/NOT/OR:
GREATERTHAN (GT?),GREATERTHANEQUAL (GTE?),LESSTHAN (LT?),
LESSTHANEGQUAL(LTE?)

or keep it simple and

> * Add a field (e.g.) indexingPid to tx_dam and reference the uid of the
> indexing run.

I also saw selection_getQueryPartForItems() and selection_getQueryPart()
functions, but as = or != is hardcoded everywhere I don't see any
possibility (without starting a query for the index run in such a function,
find out the date, user and count and then generate the query - but I think
it's not a nice solution).

ideas?

Steffen