[TYPO3-dam] Automatic categorization while importing

Thorsten Boock t.boock at exinit.de
Tue Sep 30 10:10:04 CEST 2008

Völker Stefan schrieb:
> Hi Thorsten,
>
> i am not sure, but i think you don't know, that you just made my day ! ;)
>
> After changing the processMeta-Function in postProcessMeta - it works!!!
> I still can't believe it...
> Why did'nt it work before, i really checked a lot of times all the
> variables, they have all been there... weird.
>

> But one last thing (so to say: your last step, to be my hero of the week
> ;) :
> Is it possible to use this indexrule while uploading new files ?
>
> Like i know the DAM, i am almost sure, that it's possible, but does
> anybody know how ?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Stefan.

Hi Stefan,

glad I was able to help you!

If I remember anything correctly inside the context of processMeta()
$meta['fields']['uid'] holds the string-value 'NEW' because the dataset
hasn't been written, yet.

One possible way to achieve the behaviour requested by you would be a
cronjob. Have you had a look at the extension dam_cron, yet?

Regards,
Thorsten Boock