[TYPO3-dam] add other indexing fields

Martin Holtz typo3ng_2008 at martinholtz.de
Mon Sep 29 15:29:57 CEST 2008

Hi Rob,

> I have added some extra fields to the DAM: targetmedia (print-screen),
> screensize (800/100/1200px) printsize (A4,A3,etc ...) Screencolorspace
> (rgb, b&w, etc ..) orientation (landscape, horizintal) and some other.
>
> Now i need to index allot of images and i would like add my own extra
> information to the files. for now I only have the standard fields for
> indexing,  how can i add others?
i just wrote an service which makes use of exiftool

it is just experimental at the moment, but you can then define which
field will be filled with which meta-data:

tx_exiftool_sv1.match {
   # field from dam = output from exiftool
   language = languageidentifier
   keywords = keywords
   caption = headline
   abstract = caption-abstract
   description = keywords
   publisher = credit
   copyright = copyrightnotice
   instructions = specialinstructions
   loc_desc = sub-location
   loc_country = country-primarylocationname
   loc_city = city
}

i started an project on forge, but the repository was not created.

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-exiftool

i hope that i can use it in a few days, than i will upload my first steps

regards,
martin