[TYPO3-dam] Cleanup click menu

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sun Oct 12 16:58:19 CEST 2008

Hi DAM-people,

I'd prefer DAM click menus to be cleaned up / better structured.
IMHO in Media -> List they aren't optimal at all:

- Edit
- Edit (in new Frame - maybe this should be mentioned there..)
- Info
- File... submenu:
--- View File
--- Display Information (again!)
--- Rename
--- Replace file
- History/Undo
- Hide
- Delete (again)

I know the file-submenu comes from Media -> File, but maybe there should be an own, consistent menu be built, where all options are visible directly (or rarely used things like history moved to submenu).

Also I REALLY miss the Display function in the first menu when showing thumbnails. It's annoying to click on the thumb, wait for the first menu, select file, wait for the second menu and hit "View file".

I just want to start a discussion, if it's your opinion, too.

Steffen