[TYPO3-dam] which ext to develop for FE advanced management

stefano cecere scecere at krur.com
Fri Nov 28 12:25:35 CET 2008

ben van 't ende [netcreators] wrote:
> Martin Holtz wrote:
>> Hi stefano,
>>
>>> i am about to start a project where we'll use DAM very much as document
>>> repository, but with all administration in the FE.
>> me too
>>
>>> i'd like to join an existing DAM frontend ext...
>>>
>>> can anybody suggest the most promising/supported one (and open to new
>>> contributors?)
>> i hope
>>
>> dam_frontend
>
> Hey Guys,
>
> We have been pretty much busy in the backend of DAM and not so much with the
> frontend. I do know that dam_filelist by Mike Mitterer is a nice extension, but
> doe not validate at all and uses old skool tables. I would be very pleased if
> this extension would gain some more backing and become like default in the
> frontend. I saw Martin is part of the group as well.

well.. i see martin in
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-dam_frontend

not in

http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/show/extension-mm_dam_filelist

i know there has been some talking about "the" dam FE plug..

is the choice between these 2?

dam_frontend seems in good development, but lacks the tons of features that dam_filelist already has...