[TYPO3-dam] Fwd: Re: DAM / templavoila / FCE

Peter Kuehn [wmdb] peter.kuehn at wmdb.de
Mon Nov 17 08:58:23 CET 2008

Hi Stephan,

at first: after working on the problem now for a few days im sure that
this is no DAM and no TV problem at all. Its a missing core feature that
would afaik only be needed by TV implementations using MM-relations to
third party if it would exist ;).

what i found (and see as part of if not the whole problem) is that every
flexible content element has to fail, if it points more than one time to
the same MM-relation table, tx_dam_mm_ref in our case:

the table then holds the foreign uid pointing to the tt_content record
twice and the same ident taken from the tca config twice. nothing tells
and nothing is used to tell which record belongs to which formfield
inside the flexible content.

unlike christian i think there is sort of an identifier - the so called
"structure path" - compiled in TCEmain, but its not consistently passed
around through all methods storing and fetching data.

meanwhile im two-thirds done with the prob (storing/fetching data works)
working at the third (references remain in the mm-table if parts of a
flexible content are deleted).

I did not dig into rteimages till now (simply cause they are thank god
not used in the project im working on).

 > DAM 1.1.0dev now has definitely completely destroyed all my TV
 > templates
I hope you didnt try this in production without a backup :(

greetinx
pekue