[TYPO3-dam] Media types and file types

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Fri May 30 10:26:40 CEST 2008

georg kuehnberger schrieb:
> Uschi Renziehausen wrote:
>> georg kuehnberger wrote:
>>

>>> Options would be:
>>>   'psd'    => 'image/photoshop',
>>>   'psd'    => 'image/x-photoshop',
>>>
>>> & yes pls. add it in the bugtracker;
>>> (wiser chapse/sses than me might decide on +/- x)
>>
>> Ok, do you have an idea what m4v should become? There we end up under
>> undefined. The knowing ones should go through the current settings and
>> add whatever file type (not necessarily mime type) is missing.
>>
>> Just to understand how it all works together: what is impact of
>> setting it to photoshop or x-photoshop. What does the x stand for.
>
> dunno; it's just what I found on some mime-type list;
> guess 'image/photoshop' would be the save option;

All types or other "named entities" starting with an x- are proprietory
(not part of a public standard) or experimentally.

Although for photshop files I would choose something like
application/x-adobe-photoshop or application/vnd.adobe-photoshop. A
photoshop file isn't just an image.

But do you really need a special mime type for it?

Masi