[TYPO3-dam] Configured search paths for external programs:

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed May 14 00:01:16 CEST 2008

Hello,

> At the bottom of the indexing module you can find some paths (Configured
> search paths for external programs:) that will be used for searching the
> apps like catdoc needed for indexing. The paths are default
> /bin/,/usr/bin/,/usr/local/bin/. In some of my installations we have
> SAFE_MODE running and there DAM uses an extra path like:
> /var/www/php/safe_mode_exec/
>
> Now this path is set in many places in an installation (mainly indexed
> search). It looks to me like the paths from indexed search are used in
> DAM as well except for exiftools, that needs to be set separately for
> some reason.
>
> Most logical would be if all is configured in: [SYS][binPath] and / or
> [SYS][binSetup].
>
> I do not really understand the logic at the moment.

Further there is a huge different between indexed_search which asks the
user to enter path to different helper tool (catdoc, ...) and the
service API which actually performs additional checks to see whether
external tools are working or not. Safe mode is only a possible issue. I
have another one that I document quite a while ago and is still open:

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8130

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en