[TYPO3-dam] Bug: Media folder re-created - DAM 10.1.13 - TYPO3 4.2

Olivier Schopfer ops at wcc-coe.org
Thu Jun 12 09:50:29 CEST 2008

In the upgrading process to TYPO3 4.2, the upgrade wizard proposes to
suppress the document type "Advanced" (doktype=2).

I did so, and right after, the DAM created a new (empty) Media folder,
and partly stopped referring to the existing one.

I then discovered that the newly created Media folder also had
doktype=2, even if that type didn't exist any longer in my sytem.

If I changed the document type of this folder to "SysFolder", then a new
  Media folder would be created again.

Any explanation? Should I create a bug report on this in the bug tracker?

Olivier Schopfer
World Council of Churches