[TYPO3-dam] New extension "damlightbox" - sounds interessting?

Torsten Schrade schradt at uni-mainz.de
Sun Feb 10 21:08:16 CET 2008

> Hi,
>
> I'm just wondering what search engines think about light-boxes in general.
> Will they index the the text you show with each image in the light box?

SEO is one thing, accessibility is also very important. If somebody has
JS switched of for whatever reasons, it's the end of the lightbox story...

> .... wouldn't it be an option to open that's better for seo to open the
> photos on a completely new page and display the text there?

Luckily, it's already done like this :) In the background all images are
typolinked using an alternative pagetype. Only due to JS you see this
external page within pmkslimbox. Check it out directly and with JS
switched off:

http://www.regionalgeschichte.net/index.php?id=2321&content=7783&img=0&type=313

So on this pagetype the content element and it's current image together
with the metadata is displayed. Behind the stage a normal TEMPLATE
object is used for display, so you can easily adapt the HTML. When you
use realUrl (like we do int he project), you can translate the links to
something nice. So Google & Co should be happy...

Greets,
Torsten