[TYPO3-dam] New extension "damlightbox" - sounds interessting?

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Sun Feb 10 20:00:21 CET 2008

Hi,
> I'm just wondering what search engines think about light-boxes in general.
> Will they index the the text you show with each image in the light box?
> ... wouldn't it be an option to open that's better for seo to open the
> photos on a completely new page and display the text there?

that's a feature I also need and I would implement if not currently
present in Torstens extension - but in my case to get a accessible
photostory with prev-next buttons.
But in general - lightboxes regularly are just a additional gimmic - the
text displayed f.e. in lighbox2 and similar extensions is already
present in the source code of the website as titletag of the images. So
search engines don't have any problems with that or miss some valuable
information.

--
regards,
Franz