[TYPO3-dam] New extension "damlightbox" - sounds interessting?

Torsten Schrade schradt at uni-mainz.de
Sun Feb 10 11:34:57 CET 2008

Hi list,

in a project of mine the editors wanted to be able to display metadata
from DAM in the imagecaptions for the standard image & text/w image CEs.
Additionally, the standard clickenlarge was required to open in a
lightbox in which further metadata could be supplied (like location,
title etc).

For this I've come up with a little user extension called "damlightbox"
that has three functions:

1) It fetches the metadata records of the selected images into TSFE
registers and makes them accessible via TypoScript for display.

2) The backend users are provided with a customizable flexform field in
the image & text/w image elements that lets them decide over what
metadata to show.

3) The DAM images and their according metadata open in a templateable
lightbox (I used pmkslimbox for this since it allows to open HTML pages
within the lightbox).

The result looks like this [1]. Beforehand, I browsed through the many
DAM plugins but found none that seemed to cater for this... Question:
Does this sound interessting and would it be worth publishing in TER.

Regards,
Torsten

[1] http://www.regionalgeschichte.net/?2321