[TYPO3-dam] Search String - not able to use more than one search word?

Jigal van Hemert | alterNET internet BV jigal at alternet.nl
Tue Dec 16 15:05:33 CET 2008

In my opinion, searching should in general not be a feature of an extension
itself.
The reason is very simple: these days with big search engines like Google,
Yahoo!, Livesearch, etc. people expect these functionalities in all search
forms on every website. The problem is that it is not easy to build these
features and to present relevant search results.
Searching should be done by specialized algorithms/extensions/engines.
An extension should only facilitate easy searching/indexing by these
specialized programs. Maybe it would be nice to provide configuration for
the usual search extensions in TYPO3? (either in files or as part of the
documentation)

This would also help the integration in the general search on a website;
more and more customers ask to include all kinds of data in the search
results.

--

Met vriendelijke groet, kind regards,

Jigal van Hemert.