[TYPO3-dam] SOLVED unable to use previously saved dam selections after moving to a new server

Mathieu Kessler mathieu.kessler at upct.es
Fri Dec 12 18:45:52 CET 2008

Dear Georg,
Thank you very much for your message. The symlink was the first thing I
tried, but it didn't work, I couldn't find out why (of course it should have
but...) so that I began to  look into the tx_dam_selection table...
I will file the change of path information to relative as a feature request,
no problem.
Regards, Mathieu

2008/12/12 georg kuehnberger <georg at georg.org>

> Mathieu,
> - Why dont you simply add a symlink from the old path to the new onw?
> should have solved your problems in seconds.
> - Aside the above, I fully agreee to change all path information to
> realtive. however, as this is rather a new feature than a bug, I feel
> this would have to wait for the next version.
>
> Mathieu, can you please file this as a feature request in the bugtracker?
> regards georg
>
> Mathieu Kessler wrote:
> > Dear list,
> > I have found the reason for my previously saved DAM selections not
> working
> > after migrating the server despite the correct change of the absolute
> path
> > in the tx_dam_selection table. I therefore post it in case it may be of
> some
> > help to others:
> > In the definition field of tx_dam_selection,
> >
> a:1:{s:6:"SELECT";a:1:{s:11:"txdamFolder";a:1:{s:88:"/home/sandieg4/public_html/sandiegotypo3/fileadmin/imagenes/viernes/temporada2008/02_05/";s:1:"1";}}}
> > the number after s: corresponds to the number of characters in the string
> > that follows. If I only change the path in my sql dump file, it is likely
> > that the number of characters in the string containing the new path has
> > changed. In my case, the new path has 2 characters less. In the example
> > above If I change s:88 to s:86 my selection works perfectly....
> > Now a question for the developers: Would it be possible that the
> definition
> > field of tx_dam_selection contain the relative path with respect to the
> > typo3 installation install instead of the absolute path on the server?
> That
> > would avoid the problem I met (which I agree is pretty specific...)
> > Anyway, I have found DAM to be a wonderful tool, thanks to the people
> that
> > made it possible...
> > Mathieu
> >

> > 2008/12/9 Mathieu Kessler <mathieu.kessler at upct.es>
> >
> >> Dear list,
> >> I want to move a working typo3 website with Dam to a new server. I
> >> made the sql dumps etc...imported the database etc... and everything
> >> works fine on the new server, exept for the dam selections.:-(
> >> The selections that I had defined in my old server don't work in the
> >> new....
> >> I have checked the database and could see that in the table
> >> tx_dam_selection, the definition field contained the absolute path to
> >> the directory on the old server, e.g
> >>

> a:1:{s:6:"SELECT";a:1:{s:11:"txdamFolder";a:1:{s:88:"/home/sandieg4/public_html/sandiegotypo3/fileadmin/imagenes/viernes/temporada2008/02_05/";s:1:"1";}}}
> >> I therefore thought that I had found the problem since the typo3
> >> installation is not in the same folder in the new server as in the old
> >> one.
> >> I then changed with sed all the ocurrences of
> [...]

Mathieu Kessler
Departamento de Matemática Aplicada y Estadística
Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena
Antiguo Hospital de Marina
30202 Cartagena, España
Tef: +34 968338901