[TYPO3-dam] EXIF/XMP tags to DAM meta data

Jigal van Hemert | alterNET internet BV jigal at alternet.nl
Tue Dec 9 11:02:33 CET 2008

Hi Martin,

2008/12/8 Martin Holtz <typo3ng_2008 at martinholtz.de>

> > In the descriptions on forge it's mentioned that cc_metaexif supplies
> four
> > services to DAM to import meta data using various ways. Unfortunately the
> > version in TER doesn't include sv4 which seems to support XMP fields
> (which
> > Windows seems to use).
> >
> > In the mailing list archive I have found postings mentioning a version
> > 1.0.100 which was only available from Rene Fritz' company website.
> > colorcube.de does not want me to visit the website (access denied).
> do not use 1.0.100 - it has to much bugs.

I can't use it :-) (I can't find any version other that the ancient one in
TER)

> i wrote an extension "exiftool".
>
> It includes the "exiftool"-perl script which is able to read and write
> metadata for a lot of filetypes.

I only need the reading part of it for now. It sound like a great extension!
Where can I get it? It's not in TER and I can't find it on your website
either (rewriting the url's which produce errors :-) )

> It is experimental at now, because it only "works for me" but is not

Let's test it and if it "works for me" too, I'm happy :-)

--
Met vriendelijke groet, kind regards,

Jigal van Hemert