[TYPO3-dam] EXIF/XMP tags to DAM meta data

Martin Holtz typo3ng_2008 at martinholtz.de
Mon Dec 8 18:49:06 CET 2008

Hi Jigal,

> Crazy client wants to set several fields in properties of image inside
> Windows Explorer and import these later into dam meta data.
>
> In the descriptions on forge it's mentioned that cc_metaexif supplies four
> services to DAM to import meta data using various ways. Unfortunately the
> version in TER doesn't include sv4 which seems to support XMP fields (which
> Windows seems to use).
>
> In the mailing list archive I have found postings mentioning a version
> 1.0.100 which was only available from Rene Fritz' company website.
> colorcube.de does not want me to visit the website (access denied).
do not use 1.0.100 - it has to much bugs.

> Can someone help me with a version of cc_metaexif which contains sv4 to see
> whether the fields used by this client will be mapped to the correct fields
> in DAM?
nope, but i needed such thing for my own.

i wrote an extension "exiftool".

It includes the "exiftool"-perl script which is able to read and write
metadata for a lot of filetypes.

It is experimental at now, because it only "works for me" but is not
tested well. Nobody else had a look at the code - and i think i should
devide the three parts of the extension:

1) exiftool itself
2) reading metadata
3) writing metadata

It gives you the possibility to define on PAGE-TS-Config which field of
tx_dam should be filled with which output of the exiftool.

It is also possible to write meta-data back to files.

so, bug-reports are welcome:)

martin
--
Martin Holtz