[TYPO3-dam] IPTC/EXIF indexing - cc_metaexif

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Thu Aug 28 17:27:59 CEST 2008

Hi DAM-List,

I noticed the same problem as Benjamin Fischer reported in June: Indexing of
IPTC/EXIF-Tags doesn't work anymore.

This is not caused by cc_metaexif, but by wrong code in DAM's
lib/class.tx_dam_indexing.php.

I spent several hours to understand why the code of newer revisions doesn't
work, but I hope, I got it now.

I've written a patch which works for me and submitted it to bugtracker:
<http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9247>. It would be nice, if you can give
it a try to fix this problem ASAP.

Steffen

Benjamin Fischer wrote on 20.6.2008:
> I am currently testing the latest nightly build of DAM which seems to
> be very promising and stable at least these parts that I have seen.

> Unfortunately I miss the ability to index the metadata inside files
> like IPTC/XMP etc. I can remember that this has already worked in
> earlier versions of the DAM in combination with cc_metaexif but the
> last version 1.0.3 in the TER does not seem to work with the current
> DAM development version. I followed this thread from May
>http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-project-dam/2008-May/001775.htm
> And understand that there must be a newer version formerly
> distributed on René's typo3lab. I cannot find this version in TER or
> typo3xdev and the typo3lab is no more.

http://support.typo3.org/projects/dam/m/typo3-dam-iptcexif-indexing-cc-metae
xif-349713/p/20/