[TYPO3-dam] Localize file ?

Jerome Schneider typo3dev at ameos.com
Thu Aug 28 11:58:44 CEST 2008

Hi, thanks for the answer.

Tagging records with language info would be sufficient for most cases,
indeed.

I thought about another idea; it would be to store physical translated
versions of a file in a local folder named .dam (just as the .svn) to
exclude them from the standard dam directory listing, and modify a bit here
and there the API and the backend file-interface to handle this.

In the future this could also result in file-versioning (I mean not
language-dependant versions)
A client of ours would need this kind of feature as they've the need to
efficiently handle many documents in many languages.

Another simpler idea would be to leave DAM untouched, and add another layer
on top of it to bind several dam-records together with the standard T3
localization interface.

Thanks,
Jerome Schneider

mailman.1.1219444708.6036.typo3-project-dam at lists.netfielders.de...