[TYPO3-dam] DAM indexing requires imagemagick > 4.2.9

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Tue Aug 26 21:59:48 CEST 2008

Hey DAM users & developers,

I just tried to use indexing of my files (especially IPTC tags), but it
didn't work.

With dam_cron I always get error messages on command line:
identify: Unrecognized option (-format) [Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht
gefunden].
(but this issue is NOT caused by dam_cron!)

I found out, that EXT:dam/lib/class.tx_dam_index.php execs IM identify with
-format option.
This option seems to not exist in imagemagick 4.2.9 which should be still
supported.
http://www.dee.isep.ipp.pt/docs/ImageMagick-4.2.9/www/identify.html

What's your opinion on this issue? The option -verbose might be an
alternative - it exists in old and new versions (but outputs more in newer
versions).
Should I write a patch to support both versions as best as possible (using
-verbose)?

Steffen