[TYPO3-dam] dam_frontend and FE Users

Thomas Waggershauser waggershauser at airware.de
Fri Aug 22 19:41:11 CEST 2008

Hi Simon,

Am 20.08.2008 um 22:00 schrieb Simon Child:

>> What about air_filemanager? It should be able to handle this
>> stuff,  but I
>> havn't testet it with this versions..
> I just tried that (thankjs for the suggestion) and it may be of some
> help
> but doesn't do quite what I wanted. I think I may end up using both
> air_filemanager and dam_frontend, on different pages!

ok, I'm very interested in all things missing in air_filemanager..

> Situation: site is for a membership, and downloads are for paid up
> members
> only. So want to protect file content behind a login. But also want to
> display content (in a non-downloadable form) to potential members.

Whats the problem with the filemanager?

> So ideal would be dam_frontend, if it did what is described as the
> intention: could display the files with metadata, but only make them
> into
> downloadable links if the user has appropriate fe login. And the
> files would
> be delived by a pushfile which enables protecting the fileadmin/
> members
> directory with .htaccess  But currently dam_frontend display
> downloadable
> links to non-logged in users.

This is already possible with air_filemanager; If you set the rights
for non loggedin users to "r" only, you see the file, but cant
download it. Use air_fe_filerights together with naw_securedl for the
pushfile-solution and you're done..

Greetings,

Thomas

---------