[TYPO3-dam] dam_frontend and FE Users

Simon Child simon at srchild.com
Wed Aug 20 22:00:50 CEST 2008

"Thomas Waggershauser" <waggershauser at airware.de> wrote in message
news:mailman.25438.1219174682.4573.typo3-project-dam at lists.netfielders.de...

> What about air_filemanager? It should be able to handle this stuff,  but I
> havn't testet it with this versions..

I just tried that (thankjs for the suggestion) and it may be of some help
but doesn't do quite what I wanted. I think I may end up using both
air_filemanager and dam_frontend, on different pages!

Situation: site is for a membership, and downloads are for paid up members
only. So want to protect file content behind a login. But also want to
display content (in a non-downloadable form) to potential members.

So ideal would be dam_frontend, if it did what is described as the
intention: could display the files with metadata, but only make them into
downloadable links if the user has appropriate fe login. And the files would
be delived by a pushfile which enables protecting the fileadmin/members
directory with .htaccess  But currently dam_frontend display downloadable
links to non-logged in users.

Possible solution:

On public pages use air_filemanager: this will display links, but a visitor
who doesn't know the .htaccess password won't be able to download files.
Members can enter their password.

Optionally, on the pages only available after login, could use also add
dam_filemanager to enable use of it's searching options.

Seems a bit untidy...

--
Simon Child