[TYPO3-dam] simultaneous release of DAM and TYPO3 4.2?

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Fri Apr 18 18:42:20 CEST 2008

Hi,
Thomas Oppelt schrieb:
> i know, it was asked several times but i didn't found an up-to-date
> timeline.
Currently we don't really have a timeline. We try to solve bugs as
quickly as possible with best results but unfortunately don't have
enough time. (If somebody wants to help please contact us!)

> Starting a project right now with T3 4.2 we need to know about state of
> DAM 1.1 release:
>
> 1) Could you recommend to use svn trunk of DAM for live projects by now
> (what about the "bundled" exts like damttcontent, daminfo and so on ...)?
Well it depends on whether you want to get an official answer or not.

Officially I say: No. We don't recommend to use the SVN code in any live
production system. It still contains bugs that can prevent the system
from working properly. Please wait for a stable version of 1.1 if you
want to use it within a production system. This is also valid for all
development versions of related extensions.

Unofficial: It is sometimes difficult to verify bugs because they only
happen on specific platforms and within specific cases. I'm using the
SVN code in 4 production systems right now and I don't experience
problems myself. However: You'll find lots of people who still get
errors or have other problems if you look into the bugtracker.
The only important fact that has to be mentioned here is that if you
update to the SVN code you _must_ update all related DAM core extensions
to the SVN versions as well. This does not include gallery extensions, etc.

So if you use the SVN code, you might have the problem that we can't
patch the bugs so quickly that you might need them. Again: officially we
don't recommend to use the SVN version.

> 2) Is a release date for a stable DAM 1.1 conceivable by now?
I recieved my DAM box under the christmas tree last year. Unfortunately
it was empty ;) Well.. we don't have a valid and updated timeplan yet.

Greetings,
Andreas