[TYPO3-dam] Edit the Labels in the backend ... How?

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Wed Apr 16 08:31:11 CEST 2008

Oliver,

Independent of the extension you would like to change, and already
working with TYPO <= 4.2 the following procedure works just fine:
- create a new extension (say user_dam_custom_georg) with the kickstarter;
- in there add the files tca.php locallang_db.xml ... and do your
customizations in there.
- install it and take care that your new extension is being loaded
(installation order) AFTER the original extension.
- this will overwrite the configuration / values whatever of the
original extension and will survive an eventual update of the original
extension.

For code-examples you might wanna checkout Rene Fritz' example Extension:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/dam_demo/1.0.1/info/fields%252Fext_tables.php/
hth, regards georg