[TYPO3-dam] Extra fields in DAM records only for certain file types

Richard Bausek richard.bausek at moccu.com
Wed Apr 2 17:33:40 CEST 2008

thanks georg for your reply,

I tried exactly the 2 options you described.

But I don't want to alter the existing media types, but instead add a
new one in the TCA which contains the desired file types. So that for
example the .jpg Files are still found as "Image" media type but also in
the new media type.

But I think this is not possible as the mapping between file extensions
and media types seems to be 1:1. Meaning that a file type can belong
only to one media type. I'm still looking for the indexing code where
the media type assignement happens. Maybe I can change something there
with a service class or some other hack ;-) .

regards,
Richard