[TYPO3-dam] Extra fields in DAM records only for certain file types

Richard Bausek richard.bausek at moccu.com
Wed Apr 2 12:07:27 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm currently working on an extension where I want to save custom
slideshow data (duration, transitions,...) in DAM records. That worked
out with no problem, but now I want to have the extra fields displayed
only for certain file types(jpg,gif,png,swf,flv).

Currently the "showitems" definition is based on the 12 internal DAM
media types. I could give the new fields to all records of type "Image"
or "Interactive", but i would prefer a more precise approach based on
the file type.

For example: .ppt has the type "Interactive", but it makes no sense to
show my custom fields there.

Any clues how to do that?

Thanks alot and have a nice day!

Richard