[TYPO3-dam] Does DAM die? 3

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Wed Sep 26 00:36:34 CEST 2007

ben van 't ende [netcreators] wrote:
> georg kuehnberger wrote:
>> Mirco Rohloff wrote:
>>> Actually, it is the job of the "TYPO3 Association" to coordinate
>>> development
>>> and information about it.
>> +1
>>
>> I do hope / expect / demand, that the T3A finally makes up their mindes
>> and puts ressources on the further developement of DAM, as it's IMHO a
>> crucial part of TYPO3.
>> In case anybody from Karlsruhe (T3con) listens, please address this
>> issue, while you're all sitting together.
>
> Hey Georg,
> Next time come to the conference! ;-)

I would have, if I could have ;-)
seems you had a great time there acc. to news.typo3.org

> The issue has been addressed and is being taken care of. The latest DAM version
> will be put into SVN and Michiel's changes will be added as well. Michiel will
> try to take care of bugs and feature requests. Rene will get an account
> ofcourse. Other developers are encouraged to join. Maybe it even is a good idea
> to form a DAM team come to think of it.
> That is it for now. Watch this list.

Thanks for the update (great to see Michiel being in charge); sticking
to the above discussion, we're then back to the expectation that this
still is to be announced/confirmed AND supported by the T3A.

As for TYPO3 v5 and it's JSR 170+ implementation I'm aware that DAM in
it's current form MIGHT only be needed for TYPO3 v4.
However on the timeline I feel that we will "live" for another 3-7 years
with TYPO3 v4 installations needing DAM-functionality.

looking forward DAM 1.1
regards georg