[TYPO3-dam] Uploading MP3s

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Mon Oct 15 20:49:02 CEST 2007

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've been browsing the TER for a while but haven't quite found what I
> was looking for.
>
> I'm looking for the following functionality: I want to upload audio
> files and, with some initial configuration, the ID3 tags of my audio
> files should be used to fill in the meta-information of the DAM asset
> automatically.
>
> I didn't get the metaExtract DAM extensions quite, but maybe they can
> help me here, dunno how though.
> Thanks for any replies!
> greetings,
> benni.
> -SDG-

Guess you'd have to create a new DAM meta-service for the extraction of
the ID3-tags; similar in the way the existing services do it for
documents and images, see:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/?tx_terfe_pi1%5Bview%5D=search&no_cache=1&tx_terfe_pi1%5Bsword%5D=cc_meta

The extraction itself (and eventually injection) could be done with the
PEAR-lib:
http://php.mirror.camelnetwork.com/manual/en/ref.id3.php

or probably better with getid, which supports more formats:
http://getid3.sourceforge.net/

regards georg